Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Muji Cosmetics and Dupe for Benefit's Georgia!

For those of you that aren't familiar with Muji, it's actually a Japanese store that sells a variety of things without labels. Their product lines include very basic clothes, accessories, kitchenware, houseware, stationary, prepackaged food snacks ETC... and COSMETICS! The whole store is really basic and simple so their cosmetic line is no different. They have some basic brushes, foundations, lipglosses, blushes, eyeshadows etc...

Staying true to their "simpleness", they don't have a large variety of colors but I have found 2 items that I really like!

The Lipliner...



This dusty rose / brownish color is a great nude color that can match of lot of lipsticks. It goes perfectly well with my Burberry Lip Cover in Delicate Rose (check out my review here) so I've been using it every single day lately. For those of you that follow Lisa Eldridge's videos on Youtube, you will find that this color is very similar to the No7 Perfect Lips Liner in Nude that she uses quite a bit. I loooove this color! If you haven't seen her videos before, check it out --> Lisa Eldridge Everyday Makeup Look Video



The Blush...





This is also another fave of mine from Muji. It's very fine and has a lot of color payoff for a pale peach color - something that I haven't been able to find in a lot of higher end brands. The darker peach color on the the right side is what I always wanted from Benefit's Georgia. I've always thought that Georgia looks a lot paler on the face than in the box and I what I want is the exact color that it looks like in the packaging. This Muji blush stays very true to color upon application. The color that is actually very similar to Georgia when applied on the face is the highlight powder on the left side.

If you love Benefit's Georgia and feels sad that is discontinued just like me then no worries! Try out Muji, but of course it doesn't have all of that nice packaging that Benefit does. Wondering how similar they are? Take a look at these pictures:


From Left: Muji Blush Highlight Color, Peach Color, Benefit's Georgia Blush

Same order as above but on white paper background



Final Thoughts..

I've had this blush for about a year now and I find myself going back to this color all the time. I still haven't been able to find another peach this great in color payoff yet. This blush also doesn't form a hard layer on top after a few days of use for me like the Chanel and Mac blushes.

I purchased the liner for about 2 weeks now and it's another one of those colors that are not easy to find.

Highly recommend these two products, especially if you are on a budget!


Chihuahua Beauty
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment